
Well, we had to put my baby Boots down last Tuesday. He went in for one last exam on Monday and the news was not good. Mom called me to let me know. I was devasted. I took Tuesday off and spent the entire day with him until we had to take him to the vet. I'm glad I got to be with him and hold him. I cried as I held him when I was left alone with him. He was soooo my baby. I used to hold him over my shoulder, like a baby. Ha Ha..he hated that I'm sure, but I did it everytime I was at Mom's. I never thought I'd get attached to a cat like I did with him. We had him for 15 wonderful years and he acted like a kitten right up until the end being playful and loving. I know losing a pet is part of being a pet owner, it's just not something you think about until it's that time. I'm doing better and I went to my mom's today. I had to laugh because my parents had some cement laid down last summer and Boots did his thing and left his mark. Two sets of little paw prints right by the back door! That made me smile.
Well, then of course, the big media news of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson passing. Farrah..I remember wanting to be just like her. Mom used to feather my hair like her's so I could be "Jill Munroe" of Charlie's Angels. (No, I didn't remember her name..I was just watching an episode earlier today. ha ha) Michael..I was a fan of his music. I thought my dad was sooooo cool when he brought home the "Thriller" album in England. Probably one of the few times we agreed on music. Ha Ha..
David was in a car accident on Thursday evening. Someone rear-ended his vehicle. The person was on a cell phone and not paying attention. (Note to self..be careful about talking on the phone and driving..) He's ok, just sore and shook up by the whole thing.
Spent the weekend at my mom's and chatted with David. We went to a movie, "The Proposal". If I was feeling down about reminciscing about Boots...that movie definitely cheered my up! Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
Well..hoping this week goes by fast. Getting ready for a nice 12 day vacation! (From BOTH jobs!!)
Well, this week has to be better. Sorry about
ReplyDeleteBoots and I'm glad David wasn't injured too bad. Have a good week.